Blog Best Practices Checklist
- Be authentic. Authenticity is key to your readers / customer base. Project your company in a real light to assure your customers that they can trust your actions.
- Publish consistently. Give your readers a reason to return. Timely blog posts with valuable and interesting information give your audience a reason to visit again and again.
- Write for web readers. Keep your blogs brief, focused and casual. Your readers are more likely to scan for interesting points, so make your blogs noticeable with attention grabbing headlines.
- Leverage RSS. This is a great way to syndicate your content across the web and conveniently stay on the radar of your audience.
- Stay relevant. Your blog should be useful to your audience. Ensure you keep informed; the more educated you are on your industry the more valuable you are to your customer.
- Use keywords. Optimise your blog title and create keyword-rich content to ensure that your target audience can easily find your business on the search engines.
- Always link! Linking is essential to your search engine optimisation. Combining strong link anchor text with your relevant blog content is precisely what the search engines are seeking.
- When you blog, tell everyone about it. Announcing on your other social networks –like Facebook or Twitter –that you have just published a new blog post easily keeps your blog top of mind and can increase your readership.
Download Blog Best Practices Checklist now.