What is Content Marketing?
Content marketing is the strategic marketing approach of creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and acquire a clearly defined audience – with the objective of driving profitable customer action.
In short, instead of pitching your products or services, content marketing works by capturing the attention of your target audience members and helping them address their informational and task-oriented needs. The belief is that your audience over time will come to trust and rely on your guidance, recognise your company’s unique value proposition, and ultimately reward you with business and loyalty. Emarkable Engage will ensure:
- It is relevant to your target audience
- It provides them with tangible value
- It is consistent (Consistently valuable, consistently distributed through consistent channels)
Content Marketing Goals
You can accomplish a lot with a consistent, relevant, and valuable content marketing programme. But you’ll never attain the results you want if you haven’t first identified your goals.
Some of the most common goals marketers pursue through their content programs include:
- Brand awareness
- Audience engagement
- Lead generation
- Driving loyalty
- Increasing sales and profitability
Content marketing works well with:
- Demand generation
- Native advertising
- Branded content
- Product Marketing
- Account-based marketing
- Social media
- Inbound Marketing
- Public relations
- Influencer marketing
- Getting the buy-in you need
What is the Emarkable Engage Content Marketing Programme?
No single technique for developing and managing content suits every organisation. We supply you with a content marketing framework. Think of it as a methodology, covering the five core elements to run a successful, scalable, and highly strategic content marketing operation:
Purpose and goals: The foundation of your content marketing strategy – why you are creating content and the value it will provide for your business
Audience: A well-defined explanation of who your content can help the most and the benefits your program is designed to provide for them
Unique brand story: The specific and compelling ideas that will flow through your content creation efforts, and how they will reflect your organisation’s values and brand voice
Processes and teams: The details of how you will structure, plan, execute, and manage the tasks involved in activating your content marketing strategy
Measurement plan: The way you will monitor the performance of your content, evaluate its impact, and implement processes for ongoing optimisation
Have you questions?
We can help you answer these questions and more. Make content a key part of your Marketing Programme.
- Why does your company need content marketing?
- Is it integral to remaining competitive online or its important role in consumers’ purchasing process?
- How does content help meet the marketing goals?
- Is your content’s influence over brand perception and decision-making, its capacity to increase loyalty or to reduce marketing and media expenses, or how it can be used to engage audiences that distrust and avoid traditional advertising.
- What budget and infrastructure are needed?
- How can we include team members and skills, tools and technologies, editorial processes, and media channels?
- What are the expectations for success?
Take our Content Audit
Some of the benefits of a good content audit include:
- Evaluate content quality and effectiveness
- Understand what is/ isn’t driving performance
- Set new standards for good quality content
- Identify content gaps
- Discover new topics and areas that will resonate with your audience
- Identify the right content types and assets to leverage
- Improve user experience
- Take a user-centric view of content
- Improve content structure and information architecture
- Enhance search engine optimization
- Highlight areas of focus based on search demand
- Remove content that could harm search performance, e.g. poor quality, ‘thin’ content
- Enhance content efficiency
- Identify opportunities to re-purpose or create new content
- Leverage social media to amplify content
Contact us now for more information
Drop your details into the form below and we will call you back for a discussion.