Visual Content Marketing 2017: Trends that Will Attract and Resonate with Your Audience
We’re almost through 2017 and the adoption of “visual” in content marketing is on the increase. We’re going to look back at the past 6 months and look at the visual trends that are resonating most powerfully with online audiences.
- Virtual Reality is on the rise in content marketing with the adoption of cutting edge technologies that change the definition of what being human is all about. VR enables marketers to offer potential customers a subjective, first person perspective, creating a deeper connection and taking engagement to a whole new, immersive level.
- Colour Surge bring with it such a strong visual impact with strange colour combinations designed to grab the attention of viewers. Push the envelope when it comes to using colour in your content, your logos and your branding.
- Feisty Females are changing the way in which women are viewed with today’s women rolling up their sleeves and getting on with the job. Brands are harnessing the power of modern women in their content across social media channels as we leave behind the traditional stereotypes and embrace girl power.
- Keeping it Real means that truly authentic is the way to go with content marketing in 2017. With so many carefully styled images and pre-planned poses on the visual landscape, using unfiltered, true-to-life images will not only stand out from the crowd, but build brand authority as well.
- Nouveau Naïf (new naivety) is a fun and playful trend that is commanding attention when it comes to content. Memes, GIFS and digital jokes only take a few seconds to watch but they’re having a huge impact on digital marketing. They’re weird, they’re way-out, they’re funny and they bring a touch of comedy into content marketing. Making people smile is a powerful way of getting their attention, everybody loves a good joke.
- Go Global – the internet brings the whole world into our living rooms (or even into our pockets, when you consider mobile technology), making the world a smaller place. We travel more, we meet more people and we connect online so brands are beginning to use regionally specific images in a smart way. Global brands know this and their digital marketing works across borders to reach out to a wider audience than ever before. While the location may change, the story remains the same as we realise that the sophisticated communication methods we enjoy today promote equality and inclusivity.
If you’re looking for ways to add more visual to your content marketing strategy, why not get in touch and let one of our experts help you come up with an integrated plan?
He can assist marketers achieve balance in their approach to key areas affected by the growth in digital marketing.
Latest posts by Richard Coen (see all)
- 9 Tips for a Successful Email Marketing Campaign – November 13, 2017
- The Monumental Benefits of Cross-Training Marketing with Sales – November 8, 2017
- Is your Website Being Invaded? – November 1, 2017