The Power of Predictable Lead Generation
SME owners will be all too familiar with the problems that arise from a bitty, intermittent workflow. One month you may have more work than you can comfortably handle, followed by another month when orders just seem to dry up totally. This makes maintaining a healthy cash flow and growing your business a hit and miss affair. But what if you could bring a level of predictability to your workflow and orders that would enable you to focus on growing your business, increasing your profitability and making decisions about the future of your business with confidence?
Creating a predictable lead generation system is entirely possible by combining the following elements designed to put your business activity on a more continuous setting:
- Return on Investment Tracking – You already know what your current turnover is and you probably have a good idea of what you would like it to be a year from now. These figures should enable you to determine how many sales you need (and how many leads you will need to generate to hit the sales target) to get to that position.
- Pimp your Page – your home page is the first place most prospective customers will visit so it needs to be optimised to convert traffic into prospects. Add more Calls to Action (CTA) to your home page with “Request a Call Back”, “Download a Price List” and “Contact us for More Information” buttons. The more CTAs you have on the home page, the more leads it will generate.
- Vamp with Video – with many of us being visual learners, adding a video is a powerful way to get your message across. It’s an attention-grabbing feature that can hook your website visitors from the get-go. A carefully thought up and entertaining video can increase conversion rates by more than a quarter. While you’re at it, why not set up a YouTube channel so that you can upload fun, informative videos about your business and your industry. Video marketing really is a must nowadays.
- Info Swap – as an expert in your field you have some valuable knowledge about how to get the best out of your products/services. Compile this knowledge in an entertaining and easy to read format and offer it as a free download in exchange for contact details (name, email address and/or phone number) so that you can reach out to your prospects easily to convert.
- Regular Blogposts – you need to add fresh content to your company blog at least once a week to keep your audience coming back for more on a regular basis.
- Social Media Marketing – social media updates should be done daily to be a, effective method of lead generation. You should add at least one post a day on your main social media platforms. When using Twitter, check out the hashtags that are trending (you can change location for hashtags to target geographically specific audiences). Using a trending hashtag means your tweet is much more likely to be retweet and reach a much wider audience and gain new followers.
- Email Marketing – use your emails to direct recipients to new content, including videos, blog posts and social media platforms. Emails can also be used to disseminate information about developments in your sector which can establish you as a thought leader.
- Search Engine Optimisation – while most business owners know how vital it is for your website, make sure you’re’ using SEO in your videos, social media updates and blog posts too.
- Paid Ads – this is an effective method of retargeting on Facebook, YouTube and Google to boos traffic to all your online content and generate new leads.
If you’d like some help with implementing a predictable lead generation strategy for your business, why not get some advice from one of our expert team members?