Short Term Digital Marketing Strategies
Short Term Digital Marketing Strategies can reap immediate rewards
So last week I am with a new client and I make a proposal for a strategic review, brand realignment, a repositioning exercise, training workshops, redesign of their website, traffic generation plan, conversion plan and a programme of continuous improvement.
They sign up, great. But they have a concern, this will take a few weeks if not months, what can we do now? What can we do to increase our lead generation and conversion while we develop a new strategy and range of activities?
What ‘low hanging fruit’ can we work on?
In this client’s case he had good search engine rankings but not too many enquiries despite having quite a few targeted visitors. That was a week ago, in the last week we focused on the following:
- Homepage – added a cleaner call to action
- Contact us – shortened the form
- Download – added a a tips sheet and a questionnaire sheet to send to the client for assessment
- Email marketing to the leads list
- Started to connect with the leads on twitter, facebook
- Started connecting with targeted professionals on linkedin
- Prepared a short sale sheet with key messages for the internal sales team
- Examined the leads database to see the bottlenecks, points of departure in the buying process
- Examined analytics to see what pages are most popular and worked on the best converting pages
- Look at adwords to optimise the campaign for leads.
- Over double the number of leads,
- A more positive range of conversations and interactions because the enquiries seem to be better informed on the products and services
- The sales people are more confident in their sales approach
- More sales, in fact three sales from enquiries that were considered dead leads
Its obviously early days yet and the bigger task of developing more long term sustainable lead generation is starting this week but I just wanted to share the fact that there are always short term quick wins that can be addressed.
In this case the three sales covered our original proposal price so the client has recieved a positive return on investment before we have even started!