Table of Contents
- Learning Objectives
- How is the Learning Path structured?
- Topic 1: Discover SEO opportunities
- Topic 2: Audit SEO effectiveness
- Topic 3: Technical SEO
- Topic 4: On-page SEO
- Topic 5: Create the best content for SEO
- Topic 6: Refine internal linking and acquire more quality links
- Topic 7: Improve SEO through analytics
- Roles who will find this Learning Path useful
- BACK TO ACADEMY
- Make a case for investment in SEO through a planned approach.
- Understand the latest SEO ranking factors, mobile ranking factors and Google algorithms.
- Define SEO Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), benchmark SEO competitiveness and conduct link quality and backlink effectiveness audits.
- Understand consumer keyword search behaviour and perform a gap analysis.
- Identify how to optimise on-page elements including titles, meta descriptions, page headings and body copy.
- Create a content marketing strategy to support SEO and link acquisition.
- Define an SEO performance review strategy using Google Analytics.
How is the Learning Path structured?
The Learning Path is separated into these topics and modules:
Topic 1: Discover SEO opportunities
- A planned approach to SEO
- Understanding the latest SEO ranking factors
- Understanding the key Google algorithms
- Understanding mobile ranking factors
Topic 2: Audit SEO effectiveness
- Define SEO KPIs
- Benchmark SEO competitiveness
- Understanding consumer keyword search behaviour
- Link quality and backlink effectiveness audits
Topic 3: Technical SEO
- Review indexing of web pages using google Search Console
- Develop and implement a sitemap
- Review and reduce duplicate content
- Review indexing of images to improve ranking
- Review and improve mobile ranking
- Review the relevance of Google’s AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages)
- Review and improve video search effectiveness
- Review and improve local search effectiveness
- Review and improve international search effectiveness
- Review opportunities for structured data markup
Topic 4: On-page SEO
- Overview of on-page optimization
- Review and improve titles and meta descriptions
- Improve the structure of page headings
- Create relevant body copy
- Target featured snippets
Topic 5: Create the best content for SEO
- Define content strategy to earn links
- Building Cornerstone content
- Compete using the ‘Skyscraper Technique’
Topic 6: Refine internal linking and acquire more quality links
- Review internal linking
- Guest blogging and press releases
- Using social media to amplify linkbait
Topic 7: Improve SEO through analytics
- Reviewing performance of a channel in analytics
- Review performance of landing pages in analytics
- Using Google Search Console to review keywords
- Breakdown visits from mobile and desktop devices
Roles who will find this Learning Path useful
- Company owners and directors working for smaller businesses
- Heads of marketing including CMO, VP of Marketing, Chief Customer Officer, and Marketing Director seeking to review their SEO strategy
- Digital marketing managers, marketing executives and specialists responsible for SEO
- Consultants or agency account managers