- Make a case for investment in digital marketing by recognising the success factors for scoping a digital marketing strategy.
- Create a digital SWOT using RACE, then structure a plan using SOSTAC® and RACE Planning frameworks.
- Review your current digital marketing capabilities and benchmark competitors using RACE.
- Set SMART objectives and forecast your return on investment.
- Implement the vision for digital channel transformation through prioritising investments in paid, owned and earned media.
- Define audience personas, customer journeys and digital value proposition.
- Prioritise investments in digital customer experience and the supporting Martech stack.
- Assess team and management structure and align resources for change management during digital transformation.
- Deploy a 90-day planning optimisation approach for always-on investments.
- Create a RACE dashboard for digital reporting incorporating Google Analytics goals.
How is the Learning Path structured?
The Learning Path is separated into these topics and modules
Opportunities of digital marketing
- Digital strategy success factors
- Making the business case for investment in digital marketing
Structure digital plans
- Structure a plan using SOSTAC®
- Structure a plan using the RACE Planning framework
- How to structure a campaign plan
- Create a digital SWOT using RACE
- Define audience personas
- Assess audience customer journeys
- Competitor benchmarking with RACE
- Capability maturity review
Set objectives and control
- Set digital marketing goals and objectives
- Forecast results and ROI for digital marketing activities
- Set vision for digital transformation
Set Digital Strategy
- Set strategic digital priorities
- Digital segmentation and targeting
- Define Digital Value Proposition
- Define content marketing strategy
- Select search marketing investment
- Select media investments
- Influencer marketing
- Improve digital customer experience
- Review Martech stack investment
- Define resources and team structure
- Manage change for digital transformation
- Deploy 90-day planning
- Defining Google Analytics goals
- Create a digital marketing reporting dashboard
- Developing your skills with Smart Insights
- Developing your team members with Smart Insights
Roles who will find this Learning Path useful
- Managers responsible for increasing the contribution of digital channels in their organisation, including Digital Director and digital marketing managers
- Heads of marketing including CMO, VP of Marketing, Chief Customer Officer, and Marketing Director
- Consultants or agency account managers working with larger organisations