Digital Marketing Plan Workshop
For defining a digital marketing strategy and plan
This workshop used different templates to help you work with colleagues to quickly create an effective integrated digital marketing strategy.
In creating this workshop, our aim was to create the most comprehensive set of templates available for a full digital strategy review covering all digital channels and customer lifecycle touchpoints across the 25 key activities in the Smart Insights RACE Planning Framework.
The structure of this workshop
This workshop is structured around the Smart Insights RACE Planning Framework which covers all online marketing touchpoints which need management as part of a digital strategy.
Smart Insights RACE Planning is our framework for developing an integrated digital strategy covering the entire customer lifecycle.
There are many issues to consider when creating a digital marketing strategy.
The challenge is summarising your Opportunity, Strategy and Action points.
After you have completed the relevant analysis templates and your plan is created, go back to this page and create a one- or two-page summary of your plan that a senior executive can understand and believe in.
The same Exec summary is useful for PowerPoint presentations should you need to present the bones of your plan and ROI projections.
An important part of your role is helping others understand what digital marketing is, and the immense value that it can add to the business.
- Digital contribution review using analytics customized to the business – What is digital marketing contributing now?
- Current digital marketing capabilities – How will we improve our governance of digital marketing?
- Digital or Multichannel SWOT – What are the key issues we need to manage?
- Defined SMART Goals, Objectives and KPIs – What will digital marketing contribute in the next planning period?
- Vision for digital channels – What will digital marketing contribute in the long-term?
- Segmentation and Targeting – What existing and new targeting approaches will we use to boost acquisition and retention?
- Value Proposition – How can we improve value delivered by our brand(s)?
- Roadmap for implementing RACE initiatives – What are the prioritized lifecycle initiatives which are part of Digital Transformation which should meet our objectives and vision?
- Budget for investment – What budget is needed to implement strategic digital initiatives?
- Digital governance – A Digital Transformation plan to improve People, Process, Tools and Metrics.
- 90 Day Implementation plans – How do we breakdown strategic initiatives to implement each quarter?
- Detailed resourcing and timescales – What staff, agency and tools are needed to implement the 90-day plan?
Download the Digital Marketing Plan template here. Book your next strategy session with us
Measurement and testing – What optimizations are planned to improve efficiency and effectiveness?