Emarkable started in 2001.
Here are a few major events in digital marketing since 2001:
- In 2001, Google AdWords is launched, which allows businesses to create and display text-based ads on Google’s search engine results pages.
- In 2005, YouTube is launched, becoming a major platform for video marketing.
- In 2006, Twitter is launched, becoming a major platform for social media marketing.
- In 2007, the rise of mobile marketing begins with the launch of the iPhone and the introduction of the App Store.
- In 2010, Facebook introduces its Places feature, which allows businesses to create location-based promotions and deals.
- In 2012, Instagram is acquired by Facebook, becoming a major platform for visual marketing.
- In 2015, the use of ad-blockers becomes prevalent, leading to the rise of native advertising.
- In 2016, the importance of Influencer Marketing starts to rise as social media platforms like Instagram and YouTube continue to grow.
- In 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is implemented in the European Union, which has a significant impact on digital marketing and data privacy.
- In 2020, the global pandemic lockdown makes eCommerce and online delivery services more important than ever before.
- In 2021, TikTok becomes a major platform for digital marketing, especially for the younger audience.
22 years in Digital Marketing
As our agency celebrates 22 years in the business, it’s worth reflecting on how much the world of digital marketing has changed since our inception in 2001. Back then, Google AdWords had just been launched (remember Overture for Ads?) and was still in its infancy. Social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram didn’t even exist yet. Mobile marketing was in its infancy, with the first iPhone not being released until 2007 and the App Store not launching until 2008.
Fast forward to today, and the digital marketing landscape is vastly different. Google Ads has evolved into a sophisticated advertising platform, with a wide range of targeting options and ad formats. Social media has become a major player in the marketing world, with platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram having billions of active users. Mobile marketing has exploded, with the majority of internet traffic now coming from smartphones and tablets. The rise of eCommerce and online delivery services in 2020 has become more important than ever before due to the global pandemic lockdown.
In addition to these changes, we’ve also seen the rise of new technologies and trends like native advertising, influencer marketing, and the use of chatbots and artificial intelligence in marketing. Privacy concerns have also become a major issue, with regulations like the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) being implemented in the European Union.
All of these changes have presented new challenges and opportunities for our agency, and we’ve had to constantly adapt and evolve in order to stay ahead of the curve. But one thing has remained constant throughout the years: our commitment to providing high-quality, results-driven digital marketing services for our clients.
As we look ahead to the future, we’re excited to see what new developments and technologies will emerge in the world of digital marketing. But one thing is for sure, we’ll be there every step of the way, helping our clients navigate the ever-changing landscape and achieve their business goals.
The future for Emarkable looks to be a continuation of the rapid changes and advancements that we’ve seen in recent years.
Here are a few key trends and predictions for the future of digital:
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning will become increasingly important in digital marketing. Emarkable is striving to have a strong understanding of these technologies and how to leverage them to deliver more personalised and effective marketing campaigns.
- The use of data and analytics will become even more important as marketers look to make data-driven decisions and optimise their campaigns in real-time. Emarkable already has a strong understanding of data and analytics tools, however, we will be developing capabilities to interpret and act on larger data sets than we currently experience.
- The use of Influencer Marketing will continue to grow as more brands look to tap into the power of social media influencers to reach and engage with their target audiences. Emarkable is currently working with a pool of respected influencers, as well as developing effective influencer marketing strategies. We will be increasing this pool across different product groups, industries, and locations.
- The shift to eCommerce and online delivery will continue to grow, as more businesses look to tap into the growing market of online shoppers. While Emarkable has expertise in developing eCommerce and online delivery strategies to help their clients succeed in this space we will be developing capabilities through partnerships, in-house development, and upskilling the existing and growing team.
- The rise of privacy concerns and regulations will continue to shape the digital marketing landscape. Emarkable has a solid understanding of data privacy laws and regulations and will continue to develop strategies to help our clients comply with them.
- The emergence of new technologies and platforms such as 5G, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, and TikTok will create new opportunities for digital. Emarkable is proactive in identifying and adapting to these new technologies in order to stay ahead of the curve.
Emarkable is working hard to stay on top of these trends and adapt to the ever-changing digital landscape with our current and future customers. We will continue to innovate and evolve in order to provide our clients with the most effective and cutting-edge digital marketing solutions.