Digital Marketing Insights for Pharma Companies
Digital marketing is not just for certain industries. It can be applied to virtually any enterprise. The pharmaceutical industry is no exception.
We have devised 27 key tips that will help your company grow through digital marketing.
Read the first 9 below, download for the remaining tips.
- Set Your Objectives: Think about the purpose of your digital marketing campaign. Are you aiming to increase awareness of your brand amongst the general public in addition to the health sector? Do you hope to reach specific groups in the health sector? What would count as success in your campaign and how would you know that you had achieved it?
- Set Digital Marketing in Context: Your digital marketing is likely to form part of a larger strategy to increase awareness of your brand. Wherever possible the different elements of the strategy should be made to work together, for example by links to your website in other publicity material. Your digital marketing strategy should work seamlessly with other forms of promotion.
- Understand Your Market: A good understanding of the healthcare sector is essential if a digital marketing campaign is to stand a chance of success. Who are the decision-makers you need to reach, and how best can their attention be engaged? What are their concerns, and how can they be addressed?
- Build Your Website: Your website will be your first point of contact for many potential clients. It’s an important channel for information about your business, and an invitation to engage with you. It needs to be accurate, up-to-date, and simple to navigate.
- Do More Than Inform: In addition to the overt information it will be giving about your products and activities, the website will also be creating some strong messages about your professionalism as a company, your awareness of local issues, your involvement in the community, your relevance to local healthcare needs, and so on. The first impressions taken away by visitors to the site will be of the utmost importance.
- Make your Website User-Friendly: Your website should be user-friendly so that potential clients are able to navigate easily to find the information they are looking for. If they struggle to find the information, they will click away and look elsewhere.
- Key message: Identify the key message you want your website to send to prospective customers by asking yourself the following questions:
– Can you meet their needs? – What distinguishes your products and services from others in the field? – Why should customers choose your business to deal with, rather than one of your competitors? – What are your business’s unique characteristics?
- Keep Your Website Attractive: Although your website needs to include a lot of important information, visitors will be put off by large chunks of text. Images are important, and they need to be relevant – stock images of people in white coats just don’t work nowadays. Text needs to be concise and to the point; where necessary, use additional pages for important data.
- Highlight your Community Activities: Public awareness of your brand will often be limited to sponsorship’s, charitable activities, and educational events. Your digital marketing needs to make reference to these activities in ways which will enhance your standing in the minds of both the public and health care professionals.