Facebook Best Practices Checklist
- Keep your page fresh and lively. Don’t make the mistake of creating a page and then neglecting it. Be sure to update your page regularly with fresh, relevant content that your followers would find interesting. As discussed, Facebook has a viral nature. So the more interesting your content, the more likely followers will share your information with others.
- Make your page publicly searchable. By default, your page will be public, so it can get indexed by search engines and give you the opportunity to drive organic search traffic to your page. If you don’t notice your page showing up in searches, make sure your page is set to “public”.
- Use a big, eye-catching profile picture. This is an effective way to brand your Facebook page. When you use a visually appealing, company-appropriate image to represent your brand, you will stand out from the crowd. Try to use an image that best represents your company and industry.
- Take advantage of the polls. Facebook Polls are great for companies looking to get a quick answer from their followers. You could run an industry poll to see what industries your followers belong to you; this way you can communicate to their specific vertical. Or you can run a product/service poll to see what your followers have used and what they are looking to use.
- Connect your page with other social sites. Integrate Facebook applications that will pull content from sites like YouTube, Twitter and Flickr, and add that content to your page automatically.
- Participate in other pages. Look for other Facebook pages related to your industry and actively comment on their posts, updates and photos. When contributing to someone else’s page, be sure to bring value because this is your opportunity to add credibility to your business as well as build relationships in your industry.
Download Facebook Best Practices Checklist now.