Twitter Best Practices Checklist
- Actively participate in conversations. To come across as genuine and authentic, you will want to avoid the hard sell in Twitter. Instead, answer questions, offer advice, comment or even pose your own questions. It’s all about building relationships.
- Connect your Twitter profile to other social sites. Pulling and pushing content between multiple social media sites is a convenient way to connect with a wider group of people and ensure you’re not leaving anyone out!
- Create an interesting, custom design. Customising your Twitter profile separates you from the crowd and builds an identity unique to your brand. Try to incorporate attractive visuals and company-relevant designs and colours.
- Share knowledge to build your credibility. Use Twitter to showcase your expertise. Try offering tips and solutions or uncovering new ideas, services and products.
- Follow with a purpose. Ensure the people you follow are relevant to your business. Incorporate lists to identify your prospects, customers, competitors or industry experts. This is good practice for building certain relationships, researching your market and keeping up with the rest of your industry. Think quality over quantity; this will reflect in the type of followers you attract too.
He can assist marketers achieve balance in their approach to key areas affected by the growth in digital marketing.
Latest posts by Richard Coen (see all)
- Where to begin with a social media strategy – November 14, 2018
- Choose the Right Social Media Technologies – November 7, 2018
- Why Hiring an Intern Won’t Solve your Marketing Problems! – November 2, 2018