SlideShare Best Practices Checklist
- Educate your audience –avoid the hard-sell. Upload material that fulfils your customers’ needs, answers their common questions or helps them solve a problem. The more value you offer, the more credible you become.
- Connect your profile with other social sites. Utilise SlideShare’s applications for Facebook and LinkedIn to automatically update your business’ profiles.
- Leverage documents and videos. Aside from presentation slides, incorporate your company’s articles, publications and video files into the mix.
- Engage with other users. Take full advantage of the other features in SlideShare you can use to connect with customers and peers including your Wall, favourites, Followers, Comments, Events and Groups.
- Offer fresh and current material. Try to stay as up-to-date as possible in terms of the material you choose to share on SlideShare. This can establish your company as a go-to source for valuable information.
- Tag your SlideShare content. Be sure to use the right tags or keywords when uploading content to your account. This is an effective way of ensuring your presentation gets found by someone browsing the site.
- Include call-to-actions. SlideShare supports clickable URLs, so place a call-to-action or a URL at the end of your presentations.