Top Tips to Get the Most out of Closed Loop Reporting
At its most basic, closed-loop reporting means “closing the loop” between the data that is collected by the marketing team (usually in an automated marketing system) and the data that is collected by the sales team which is usually seen in CRM (Customer Relationship Management). Closed-loop reporting provides marketers with the data necessary to prove the value of their efforts using information from the sales team’s CRM to identify which leads have become customers and tracing the journey of each lead way back to the single marketing activity that first brought them into the funnel. Here are our thirty top tips to use for effective closed-loop reporting.
- Marketing Automation Software – can be used to keep a record of your marketing data on several levels, campaign level, individual tool level (email, landing page, CTA, lead sources, etc.) and individual contact record level.
- Customer Relationship Management Software (CRM) – will store large amounts of data and are mostly used by sales teams.
- Combine – your marketing automation software with CRM to build an API integration between the two. This means that the sales team can use the information collected before making calls.
- Dashboard – this is where you can view and manage all of your results.
- Set Goals – this is a vital step in the marketing process if you want to measure success. Set your goals based on metrics further down the funnel than visits or leads, studying MQLs, opportunities and customers.
- Focus – on the first touch to begin with. Take a look at the original source of the lead that shows how they found your website.
- Map the Sales Process – this means the step by step process necessary to convert inquiries into sales. Track the actions you take to prepare for each sale.
- Identify – which sources are bringing in the highest quality leads, then focus on those channels, engaging with those leads to start moving them through the sales funnel in an appropriate manner.
- Match Forms – leads will come to your website through different activities such as PPC, SEO, Social Media and other online advertising. Make sure that the form field values on the lead-capture forms match the field values in your database so that filters can pick up these values.
This is a lot to take in and most business owners are probably so busy running your business that they don’t have the time to spend on closed-loop reporting. If that sounds like you, why not get in touch now and let one of our expert team members find the right solution for your business.