Top Tips for Marketing Automation
9 of the 27 Top Tips for Marketing Automation
When it comes to digital marketing campaigns, marketing automation is an essential part of the package. It can save time spent on manually making sure that all of your marketing messages are reaching the right target audiences at the right time so that potential customers will be almost compelled to make a purchase. Today we’re taking a look at the top tips essential for making the most out of marketing automation.
- Establish Goals – at the outset of your digital marketing campaign. Determine your objectives and establish a set of measurable goals that can be used when designing your campaign.
- Keep it Simple – the core fundamentals for marketing automation are lead stages, lead scoring and lead nurturing so make sure you have basic versions of these three programme types in place so that you can benchmark, learn from and iterate for success.
- Build a List – of people interested in your products or services from newsletter opt-ins, email lists and social media connections.
- Create Content Gates – for lead generation, making sure you offer something of substantial value to your prospective customers that will move them further down the sales funnel.
- Promote Offers – using social media platforms like Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter that require the user’s email address to participate.
- Host a Webinar – this is a great method of demonstrating your expertise in your field whilst addressing the requirements of your potential customers and capturing their email addresses.
- Hold an Online Competition – with free giveaways for people interested in your products or services. Promote the contests on social media and make it easy to share your website landing pages.
- Segment Lists – based on the interests of your customers. This is vital if you offer a wide variety of products or services and your email content should be tailored to the interests of each specific customer to move them further down the sales funnel.
- Automate Personality – by developing customer personae, templates that have a particular perspective on sales and customer requirements so that you can use a specific tone when communicating with a particular group.
If technology is not your strong point, or you’re too busy running the business to automate your marketing in this way, why not get in touch to discuss your business requirements with one of our expert team members and find out how we can help you make the most of marketing automation?
Download our 27 Top Tips for Marketing Automation below