Top Tips for Digital Marketing Insights
9 of the 27 Top Tips for Digital Marketing Insights
When it comes to digital marketing campaigns, some of the most powerful insights available to you are from the analytics tools that are available. Customer insights are essential if you want to create campaigns that convert, and you now have many forms of customer information available through these tools. Today we’re looking at how you can make the most of the customer data that you gather to generate meaningful and actionable insights.
- Google Analytics (GA) – is the most popular analytics software and tracks traffic to your website as well as the performance of its pages. Use it to find out where your visitors come from, how much time they spend on your website and their geographic distribution.
- GA’s Tracking Code – MUST be inserted into the code of every page that you want GA to collect data for – it’s given to you as part of the installation process.
- Google Analytics (GA) Toolkit – will enable you to collect the data necessary to make informed choices when it comes to your digital marketing campaign.
- GA’s Filters – can be added to the View menu and allows you to add predefined and custom filters to achieve specific goals.
- Configure GA – for your business needs, adding goals, funnels, events, reports and custom variables so that you can regularly review your online marketing.
- GA’s Goal Funnel – allows you to determine the keywords that people use to get to your website and how many customers go through the purchase process. Analyse customers’ behaviour to find out which pages attract the most visitors.
- GA Acquisition Reports – can give you a detailed breakdown of where your traffic is coming from so that you can concentrate your advertising spending effectively.
- GA Behaviour Reports – will let you know how well your site performs in terms of speed and efficiency.
- Google’s Benchmarking Reports – can be used to compare the progress of your brand/company with that of your competitors.
The difference between analytics and insights
While analytics or analysis provides the means to look at data over time, or by the campaign, insights are the actionable activity you develop from the analysis. The insights gathered through analysis help to form an accurate understanding of a situation, scenario, or in some cases, a person. Whether we’re talking about insights about your target market, insights about marketing or SEO performance, or insights about specific contributions to an overall effort, insights are the things you derive from analysing the data.
For most people, insights are really what they’re looking for with a tool. These are the actionable items that you include in your paid advertising, social media, public relations, e-mail, content marketing, and other strategic plans. Insights are the specific pieces of information you can use to decide what content to create next or to understand why a competitor it is outranking you in the SERPs or taking a share of voice on social media.
We appreciate that this is a lot of information to take in when you have a business to run. If you need help with making sure you get the most out of your Digital Marketing Analytics, one of our expert team members will be more than happy to do so.
Download our 27 Top Tips for Digital Marketing Insights below