Is your Website Being Invaded?
Is your Website Being Invaded?
Website Security is vital for business owners who want to rank high in Google’s search results and reach a wide audience of prospective customers/clients. Did you know that Google will penalise your website if it’s not secure or if it’s been hacked?
Website Hacking – We know how to identify any vulnerabilities on your website and so that we can fix them before any damage is done, making sure your website is secure from hackers at all times.
Who is attacking your WordPress website?
- A human, a single bot or a botnet.
Why are they attacking your WordPress site?
- To gain access to your data in order to send spam, to redirect your website traffic to malicious or spam websites (spamvertising), to attack other websites.
How are they attacking your website?
- In a two-step attack which sees reconnaissance to gather information followed by exploitation.
Which points of my website do hackers use to gain entry?
- The Login page
- Your website’s PHP code
- Privilege Escalation – Registering an account then using a software flaw to gain a higher level of access.
- Old or unmaintained web applications
- XMLRPC Service
- Temporary Files
- Source Code Repository Config Files
- Via Shared Hosting
- Web Server and Operating System
How can you protect your website?
- Intrusion detection and prevention security plugins such as Wordfence or WP All-In-One Security for WordPress.
Key Rules for Site Security:
- Ensure strong passwords for every user account
- Use a reputable hosting provider that ensures websites on shared servers are isolated from each other.
- Keep WordPress core, your themes and plugins up to date at all times.
- Use an intrusion detection and preventions system
- Remove any old (and unmaintained) web applications, including old backups of the site from your website.
- Make sure there are no sensitive temporary files on your website.
Once your site has been compromised it will very likely be used for malicious activity. This has a high probability of damaging your website reputation. It will be penalised in the search engine rankings and may be blocked by browser filters like Chrome and the Google Safe Browsing list. For this reason, it is important to detect a hacking situation early and fix it quickly.
Plug-ins that are out of date are vulnerable to attack.
Here at Emarkable, we’ve developed a powerful software solution that will seek out your WordPress website’s vulnerabilities and allow our developer fix any security issues you may have, ensuring that you can reach the people you need to reach to grow your business online.
Talk to us today about our WordPress Vulnerability Software and how we can help you stay safe.
Emarkable will take care of your website vulnerability and ensure that your site doesn’t get pushed down the search results due to security issues.
He can assist marketers achieve balance in their approach to key areas affected by the growth in digital marketing.
Latest posts by Richard Coen (see all)
- What is Twitter? How to Use Twitter for Your Business – September 19, 2018
- Twitter Best Practices Checklist – September 12, 2018
- What is LinkedIn? How to Use LinkedIn for Your Business – September 5, 2018