Inbound Marketing to-do list – Monthly
The Monthly Inbound Marketing Task List
Lets pause and review our progress and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Review monthly reports and analytics dashboards. Report on the month’s activities, campaigns, and results, as well as how they directly tie to goals and KPIs.
- Map out next month’s strategy. Develop agile content calendars, and plan activities based on the goals you aim to achieve. Review plans with your team.
- Create a brand new offer. Marketing offers fuel lead generation. Host a live webinar or write a new ebook and build the landing page and calls-to-action needed to generate new leads and reconvert existing ones.
- Experiment with something. Dedicate some time to innovation, even if it’s just something your marketing team has never done before like creating a music video or A/B testing a web page.
- Read. If you’re like me, your to-read list is long. Commit to reading one book or piece of long-form content (e.g. an ebook) each month and blogging your review or connecting with the author online.
- Take time to train. If you haven’t passed Google Analytics’ Conversion University, HubSpot’s Inbound Marketing University or Codecademy’s Code Year, aim to cross one off the list this month.
- Host or attend a networking event, tweetup, or other in-person conference/event.
- Do an original analytics project. Do a deep dive into one aspect of your marketing, such as conducting a content analysis or gleaning best practices from your email marketing efforts. Then report on the findings to the rest of your team.
- Evaluate your online presence. Click through your website like you’re a visitor—what improvements can you make? Look at your social networks as someone else would—would you follow yourself?
- Know where your time is going. Look at monthly hours with a detailed eye to ensure that you and your team are focusing on areas that drive results.