ADWORDS – Making the most of your PPC account in the shortest time.
If you look at the pay-per-click (PPC) marketing campaigns managed by small and medium-sized businesses, most of them are in a state of disrepair, if not an outright disaster.
We’ve reviewed hundreds of Google AdWords accounts and found some worrying insights:
• Did you know that over half of AdWords advertisers haven’t checked their account in the past month?
• And another 25% haven’t logged in once in over 90 days?
The primary reason that SMBs fail to achieve a return on investment from PPC is simple:
• They don’t spend enough time in their accounts.
There is a strong correlation between account activity and performance — advertisers who make time on a regular basis to do active work in their accounts almost always see better results.
But you are busy! Where do you get the time?
So realistically without spending time on your campaign you won’t see an improvement in the return from your investment in Adwords.
Emarkable recommends the following weekly tasks.
1) Check Bids and Budget – Make sure you’re not over- or under-bidding on key terms, leaving opportunities on the table or wasting your budget.
2) Review Costly Keywords – If your most expensive keywords aren’t converting at a profitable cost, pause them so you can address the issue. You should also monitor keyword Quality Score.
3) Perform Keyword Research – It’s important to grow your campaigns and filter out irrelevant terms that aren’t working for you.
4) Optimize Ad Text – More compelling ad text leads to improved click-through rates and Quality Scores, saving you money over time.
5) Improve Campaign Relevancy – Google rewards more relevant campaigns and ad groups with better rankings and lower costs.
6) Complete PPC Reporting – Set benchmarks, monitor your progress and set new goals.
Want us to do this for you? As a Google Partner we are recognised as having the the required expertise across a range of accounts, industries and regions. Call us for a consultation, we can review your campaign, make some suggestions and see if we can help in any way.