In yesterdays blog, we discussed what Social Media Metrics Should you track. Today we discuss Best Practices for measuring your Social Media Metrics.
1. Define clear goals. Before you set out to measure your social media returns, you need to have a clear idea of what it is you want to accomplish. You can’t evaluate the ROI accurately without a baseline.
2. Track KPIs overtime to determine trends. By keeping track of your KPIs month over month you will be able to determine if any trends are occurring and easily track them back to their point of origin.
3. Invest in a good social measurement tool. Unless you want to crunch your KPIs manually (sentiment rating is especially hard to do), it is recommended that you invest in a social media measurement tool that will do the work for you.
4. Engagement can drive ROI. If you are looking for ways to increase your social media ROI become more engaged with your social communities. Interactions with your customers can help drive new and repeat business.
5. Ensure your social strategy is in line with your business strategy. Bottom line, businesses don’t do social media to be social. They do social media to grow sales and revenues, so you need to ensure your social initiatives are aligned with those fundamental business goals.
6. Be committed. Those companies that find success with their social campaigns all have one thing in common; they were committed. Each had a plan, executed it well and saw it through to the end. ROI is not going to happen unless you are “in it to win it”.
With over 17 years experience in Digital Marketing, 25 years in sales and 22 years business development, Richard assists companies develop key growth strategies on a local or international basis.
He can assist marketers achieve balance in their approach to key areas affected by the growth in digital marketing.
Join our community of marketers and business owners and subscribe to Emarkable’s Monthly Newsletter to receive great marketing content delivered right to your inbox.
Our forms may be blocked by your AdBlocker software.
To use our forms please disable your AdBlocker for our website.