In yesterdays blog, we discussed what Social Media Metrics Should you track. Today we discuss Best Practices for measuring your Social Media Metrics.
1. Define clear goals. Before you set out to measure your social media returns, you need to have a clear idea of what it is you want to accomplish. You can’t evaluate the ROI accurately without a baseline.
2. Track KPIs overtime to determine trends. By keeping track of your KPIs month over month you will be able to determine if any trends are occurring and easily track them back to their point of origin.
3. Invest in a good social measurement tool. Unless you want to crunch your KPIs manually (sentiment rating is especially hard to do), it is recommended that you invest in a social media measurement tool that will do the work for you.
4. Engagement can drive ROI. If you are looking for ways to increase your social media ROI become more engaged with your social communities. Interactions with your customers can help drive new and repeat business.
5. Ensure your social strategy is in line with your business strategy. Bottom line, businesses don’t do social media to be social. They do social media to grow sales and revenues, so you need to ensure your social initiatives are aligned with those fundamental business goals.
6. Be committed. Those companies that find success with their social campaigns all have one thing in common; they were committed. Each had a plan, executed it well and saw it through to the end. ROI is not going to happen unless you are “in it to win it”.
With over 17 years experience in Digital Marketing, 25 years in sales and 22 years business development, Richard assists companies develop key growth strategies on a local or international basis. He can assist marketers achieve balance in their approach to key areas affected by the growth in digital marketing.
The following list of Tools and Resources can be used for Online Reputation Management. Google and Yahoo! Alerts: Receive email alerts every time someone mentions brands that you are tracking. Set up keyword alerts for the name of your company or competitors and receive updates in your email inbox or through an RSS feed -http://bit.ly/eVKJ5R|…
Let’s face it – 2020 was not the best year ever. While there were some surprising highlights, the impact of COVID-19 has affected just about everyone on the planet. In addition to showing us just how interconnected the modern world is, we’ve learned a few key things that we should take with us into 2021…
Marketing on Facebook isn’t what it used to be. In recent years, Facebook has followed in the footsteps of Google, making algorithm changes that have serious effects on your brand’s visibility on the platform. Their latest update had a huge impact on if and how marketers can be seen in their audience’s news feeds. But…
Join our community of marketers and business owners and subscribe to Emarkable’s Monthly Newsletter to receive great marketing content delivered right to your inbox.