Why register a .ie domain name
Are you thinking of starting a new site? Have you an Irish based company? Why register a .ie domain name?
1. Location on the internet – a .ie domain shows you are located or doing business in Ireland.
2. Increased consumer confidence and credibility – Unlike most other top-level domains all applications for new .ie domain registrations are screened to ensure the applicant has a claim to the domain and a connection
to Ireland. As a result online fraud is less likely to occur on a website using a .ie address.
3. Greatly improved listing in search engines – .ie addresses receive higher ratings in search engines, such as Google, than Irish based .com addresses.
4. Security the .ie namespace was recently ranked the second safest in the world.
Remember, having a .ie domain name:
- It identifies you as being Irish, or having a presence in Ireland. This can help you maximise your market presence in Ireland
- Unlike other international domains there are a number of strict rules which apply to the naming process. In layman’s terms this means that you may have a greater choice, as long as you can justify it.
Have you a question about domain registration? Contact the team by phone on (01) 808 1301, or email us at email@example.com We are happy to help.